Guest post by Dazzle Rogers
eWOM is spreading wildly among marketers.
Though this is not a new strategy, it has caught on recently and the big firms are already in.
Many of the medium scale businesses are testing the waters, while the small businesses are wondering if they too can follow it in order to grow.
You will have to do more than just maintaining social media presence. As eWOM is associated with social media, many firms perceive that it is nothing different from social media marketing. However, there’s more to it than meets the eye. Let’s have a close look at it.
All you need to know about eWOM:
- eWOM is all about people sharing their views about a product or service with others online.
- There’s not much a company can do in the way of interaction. You can just bring people together online and let them share their views on your products and services so that their friends and acquaintances trust your company and buy your products.
- As a company, you don’t have a say on what people decide to share with the others online.
- eWOM can get you a high level of reputation than other ways in a very short period.
- It is equally threatening because you do not know when a negative idea about your products might spread.
There are several advantages of eWOM.
- The prime advantage is that it compiles positive and negative opinion about your products from various sources, which you might not be able to get otherwise.
- Both kinds of opinions can be useful: the positive opinions will help you promote your business and the negative opinions can be used as constructive criticism and be used to improve your products or services whenever possible.
- Effective opinions shared through eWOM spread virally and hence has the power of skyrocketing your reputation to a higher than expected level, which will directly reflect in your sales figures.
- You will not have to provide huge discounts or engage in give aways so that the customers spread the good news. It just happens and you benefit by it.
There is also an equal amount of risk in eWOM.
- While companies might be basking in glory, there could be a customer who was dissatisfied with the product for some reason creative havoc. And, the worst part is that it spreads virally either.
- There are various means through which positive opinion about your products can be spread, social media is not the only source. Therefore, sometimes you might not even know when a positive or negative opinion is being spread.
- Even though positive information spreads, you might not know if it has reached your prospective customers and as a result, the conversion rate might not be as great as you expected it to be.
There are many strategies to handle the eWOM, however, many companies employ the wrong strategies and end up with a bad reputation. Find below some effective strategies that you can use to see good results of your eWOM campaign.
- There’s nothing one can do to control social media. Therefore, just transcript your information into something positive and hope for the best results.
- Start the eWOM after making sure you’ve brought together satisfied customers and prospective customers.
- Do not react to flamers and trolls who try to damage your reputation. Use effective ways of handling them.
- Always remember that every word you say online is heard by the rest of the world the very minute you post it. Therefore, take extreme care in what you are conveying on behalf of your brand.
Find effective strategies that will work for you and keep what works for you. You might have to spend some time experimenting in the beginning before learning about it completely. Also, take care to choose the right platforms for your business.
This is a guest post by Dazzle Rogers of workwelltogether.com, a site that offers savings and current information on comcast cable and internet, as well as other comcast bundle packages.